Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Brothers with arms"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 2/16/06 8:46 pm    Post subject: "Brothers with arms" Reply with quote

According to today's L.A. Times:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If Jered Weaver, the Angels' first-round draft pick in 2004, can earn promotion to the majors this season, he and his brother Jeff, signed by the club Wednesday, could become the 22nd set of pitching brother teammates in history. The nine sets of teammates since 1950:

•  Alex and Walt Kellner, 1952-53 Philadelphia Athletics.
•  Lindy and Von McDaniel, 1957-58 St. Louis Cardinals.
•  Dave and Dennis Bennett, 1964 Philadelphia Phillies.
•  Joe and Phil Niekro, 1973-74 Atlanta Braves, 1985 New York Yankees.
•  Gaylord and Jim Perry, 1974-75 Cleveland Indians.
•  Paul and Rick Reuschel, 1975-78 Chicago Cubs.
•  Mickey and Rick Mahler, 1979 Atlanta Braves.
•  Pedro and Ramon Martinez, 1992-93 Dodgers, 1999-2000 Boston Red Sox.
•  Andy and Alan Benes, 1996-97 St. Louis Cardinals

Interesting to note that two sets of brothers were reunited with another team after already playing together for one. That, of course, includes the Martinezes.

With the Red Sox finally winning it all in 2004, both brothers have world championship rings.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 2/18/06 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a twist--according to yesterday's Times:

"Jered Weaver appeared to have a shot at the fifth (Angels) rotation spot, but with his older brother's signing, the Angel rotation looks set with Bartolo Colon, John Lackey, Kelvim Escobar, Jeff Weaver and Ervin Santana.

'Jeff wanted to make sure it was cool with me, and I didn't mind at all,' Jered Weaver said. 'I'm happy for him. We've never been on the same field, on the same team or played against each other our whole life. At least we'll have spring training together.'

Jered Weaver, who received a franchise-record $4-million signing bonus last May, wants to position himself so that if an Angel starter goes down with an injury, he'll be the first starter the Angels recall from the minor leagues.

'That would be awesome, to be in the same rotation as him,' Jeff Weaver said. 'We're six years apart, and we've never come close to being on the same field together. To watch him compete at the highest level would be a dream.' "

(No pun intended, I'm sure!--the article's headline read, "It's a Real Dream for Weavers.")
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 2/19/06 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love the timing of this. (See last paragraph.)

L.A. Times headline: Jered Weaver Cited Over Drinking

* Angels will investigate incident in Long Beach. Pitcher says it won't happen again.

By Mike DiGiovanna, Times Staff Writer

TEMPE, Ariz. — The Angels on Saturday began investigating a Feb. 9 incident involving top pitching prospect Jered Weaver, who was cited for public intoxication in Long Beach and spent 12 hours in the city's jail.
Weaver, a former Long Beach State standout who ended a yearlong holdout by signing with the Angels for $4 million last May, was not arrested. As a first-time offender, Weaver essentially received "a slap on the wrist and a lot of humiliation," Officer Steve Kerr of the Long Beach Police Department said.

According to the police report, Weaver, 23, had emerged from a Long Beach establishment with several friends when he was cited and taken into custody.

"He just had too much to drink," Kerr said. "He was unable to care for himself or to be in the presence of others."

Weaver, the younger brother of new Angel pitcher Jeff Weaver, said he believed he was unfairly singled out.

"We were coming out of some place after a farewell party for everyone who was taking off for spring training," said Weaver, a first-round pick in 2004 who is in major league camp with the Angels.

"There wasn't anything that happened. I got picked on at the wrong time. It was a fluke thing. It's not going to happen again."

General Manager Bill Stoneman was unaware of the incident until Saturday and said he would look into it before determining if any action would be taken.

"This is not the sort of behavior you want from any of your employees," Stoneman said. "I don't know anything about it. I'm unaware of the details. … I'm not going to defend anyone who gets involved in stuff like that, but he's certainly not the first guy to be involved in something like that. Hopefully, he'll mature and learn from it."

The incident came only weeks after the Angels sent Weaver to Washington, D.C., for the three-day Rookie Career Development Program, which is designed to teach top prospects how to conduct themselves as major leaguers, how to handle media and community responsibilities, how to manage their finances, and how to make good decisions on and off the field.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 5/27/06 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is official now--Jered Weaver will make his major league debut against the Orioles at Angel Stadium today.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 5/27/06 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From anaheimangels.com:

ANAHEIM -- Jered Weaver, like his brother Jeff, won his Major League debut Saturday night as the Angels beat the Baltimore Orioles, 10-1 before 43,005 fans, including more than 40 Weaver family and friends, at Angel Stadium.

Weaver, 23, the 12th overall pick in the 2004 draft, allowed just three hits, walked one and struck out five in seven innings as the Angels won their season-high fourth straight.

Weaver, who threw 97 pitches, 64 for strikes, left to a standing ovation, getting congratulations from his brother, his teammates, and manager Mike Scioscia.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 7/1/06 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, now how ironic is THIS:

First, I didn't give any further updates after Jered's major league debut, even though he followed it up with three more brilliant performances. Jered was being used as a fill-in starter because Bartolo Colon was on the DL, and while he definitely outpitched his brother, it was Jered who was sent back to Salt Lake while the veteran Jeff continued to struggle. There were even jokes made that Jered would bump Jeff from the rotation if he continued on the same pace. (In his first four major league starts, Jered went 4-0 with a 1.37 ERA.)

Now, it's finally come to fruition.
From the L.A. Times:

"Angels Exchange One Weaver for Another"

Team designates Jeff for assignment and replaces him with Jered, who will start Monday at Seattle.

By Mike DiGiovanna, Times Staff Writer
July 1, 2006

Maybe 25 years from now, when the Weavers get together for a family reunion, they'll be able to laugh about the day the Angels severed ties with Jeff Weaver to clear a permanent rotation spot for Jered Weaver, Jeff's younger brother.

But there was no joy in the Weaver household Friday when struggling starter Jeff Weaver was designated for assignment, giving the Angels 10 days to either trade or release him, and rookie Jered Weaver was recalled from Triple-A Salt Lake.

"It's baseball, what do you expect?" Gail Weaver, the pitchers' mother, said by phone from her Simi Valley home. "I think we've seen it all now."

There have been other sibling switches — when former Angels catcher Bengie Molina went on the disabled list in 2001, he was replaced by his brother Jose; when Cincinnati sent Bret Boone to triple A in 1997, the Reds recalled his brother Aaron.

But this one had more of a Cain-and-Abel feel, the demise of the elder Weaver breathing life into the career of the younger Weaver, who will have a few days to cope with the awkwardness of taking Jeff's spot before starting Monday night at Seattle.

"Jered's human — he might be somewhat affected by it," General Manager Bill Stoneman said. "But they've been around pro baseball for a long time. If Jered's thinking about his brother now, I don't blame him, as long as baseball is on his mind Monday night."

Stoneman tried for weeks to trade Jeff Weaver but found little interest in a 29-year-old right-hander with a 3-10 record, 6.29 earned run average and $8.325-million contract. Agent Scott Boras, who represents Jeff and Jered, has a good idea why no deal was consummated.

"I'm hearing from all the teams that the price for Jeff in players was too much," Boras said. "I don't think teams have a problem with the money considering he's under 30, threw 220 innings two years in a row and pitched well the last month."

Jeff Weaver recovered from his horrid 1-7, 7.30-ERA start by going 2-2 with a 3.86 ERA in six games from May 24-June 21, but he was booed off the Angel Stadium mound and serenaded to chants of "Bring Back Jered!" Tuesday night, when he was pounded for six runs and nine hits in two innings of a 12-4 loss to Colorado.

Jered Weaver, the team's first-round pick in 2004, went 4-0 with a 1.37 ERA in four starts before being sent back to Salt Lake to clear room for ace Bartolo Colon on June 16, sparking a firestorm of criticism from Angels fans.

Two weeks later, the Angels, convinced Colon is recovered from an inflamed shoulder, confident left-hander Joe Saunders, who is 9-3 with a 2.34 ERA at Salt Lake, will provide depth in case of an injury, and desperate for any kind of move to spark their last-place team, decided to replace one Weaver with another.

"If you look at the whole of what we think is going to be our best rotation, Jered is a guy we feel is ready to be part of it," Manager Mike Scioscia said. "Jeff was throwing the ball well, and that gave us time to see if we could trade him and to see how Bart is. But to have Jered with the other four starters is our best look for now and in the future."

The Angels did not consider demoting Jeff to the bullpen "because I don't think there was a role for him there," Scioscia said. "He appreciated the fact that we didn't just bury him in the bullpen because that would have been the worst thing for Jeff."

Stoneman will have even less leverage in trade talks for Weaver, who is expected to draw interest from several National League clubs, including the Dodgers, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Cincinnati and San Diego. Texas or Boston might also have interest.

If Weaver is not traded, he will have to pass through waivers before being released. A team claiming Weaver would have to pick up the rest of his contract, taking the Angels off the hook for about $4.2 million.

But if Weaver clears waivers and becomes a free agent, the Angels will have to pay all but about $160,000 of the contract.

"We made an investment because we felt the young pitchers weren't quite ready," Angels Owner Arte Moreno said of Jeff Weaver, who was signed on the eve of spring training to a one-year deal. "You're not going to hit 100% on every investment you make."

More from the Times:

..."No one took his performance any harder than Jeff did," manager Mike Scioscia said. "He had shown some signs of throwing the ball much better his last six starts up until the last one. He was encouraged he was going to keep moving forward. He's got about a half-season under his belt and the performance we would have expected wasn't quite there."

Jered Weaver was 6-1 with two complete game shutouts and a 1.99 ERA in 12 games over two stints in Salt Lake...opponents are hitting .170 against him.

"This was the only direction we could go to get Jered in our rotation," Scioscia said. "Jered is ready and hopefully he's going to step in and give us a boost."

..."It could have been anybody creating this opportunity," Scioscia said. "It's really just coincidence right now it's his brother."

...Stoneman described 29-year-old Jeff as "subdued" upon hearing the news he was being dropped for his 23-year-old brother.

"He understands that his brother's time is now and he sees the depth of our rotation," Stoneman said. "We have a lot of guys that are pitching at a very high level now."

...Jeff pitched for the Dodgers last season, going 14-11 with a 4.22 ERA before signing a one-year deal worth $8.3 million with the rival Angels after rejecting a one-year contract via arbitration from the Dodgers.

Comments: Most of us who've watched Jeff pitch felt he was better suited for the NL, anyway.

(Also, note the evil Boras' comments about Jeff's "price." Geez.)

Last...more opportunity for Bunny pics!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

-Baseball Hall of Fame
crzblue

PostPosted: Mon 7/3/06 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you all think Jeff Weaver will end up? If the Anaheim Angels end up eating most of the contract, this is a nice pickup for a lot of teams that are in need of pitching. Jeff eats up a lot of innings.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 7/4/06 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to hear what others think, too.

Meanwhile, the amazing Jered shut down the Mariners in Seattle last night, and check out what his manager said about him:

Quote:
Weaver has defeated five different teams but has left impressions each time.

"He had a lot of deception. He threw his fastball well and his breaking balls behind in the count," Mariners manager Mike Hargrove said. "The changeup was a good pitch for him."

Fernando Valenzuela created a stir when he started out 8-0 for the Dodgers in 1981. Angels manager Mike Scioscia, who broke in with Valenzuela, said his former batterymate was something special but "Weaver is measuring up."

"On the mound, I've seen some good starts. Fernando, Hideo Nomo, Orel Hershiser," Scioscia said. "But this guy is right there."

That's esteemed company. Not bad for an ex-Dirtbag.
Smile

From today's L.A. Times:

Quote:
(Jered) won this one for his big brother. The Angels cut Jeff Weaver four days ago to make room for him. The brothers spoke by telephone Monday afternoon, and Jeff promised to follow the game on television.

"I wanted to win this one for him, and for me," Jered Weaver said. "It was his spot in the rotation. It was on the back of my mind that he was out there watching me. It was kind of emotional before I went to the mound."

Sweet.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 7/5/06 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since this thread is closer to the top than the other, I'll just post here that Jered's brother is now a St. Louis Cardinal. My initial thought was, what beach is he gonna surf at there? Rolling Eyes Confused But then I remembered he won't have to wait too long to catch a wave, as the Cardinals are taking a road trip to L.A. in just two weeks. Smile

Good luck with him, Redbirds...as long as he's not taking on his hometown team!
Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 7/7/06 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this one up to ask the Cardinals fans here for their reaction. Is the new Busch more of a pitchers' park or a hitters' park?

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 7/7/06 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump again, Cardinals fans--please respond.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 7/9/06 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third time bumping this. Cardinal fans, please respond. I can't believe none of you have any reaction...

By the way...Jered's ERA now stands at 1.12 and he's 6-0 after six major league starts, the most recent one beating Oakland yesterday.

Not a bad introduction to MLB!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
IlliniAmy

PostPosted: Sun 7/9/06 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, it'll be hard to have a true opinion till we get a full season (or two) under its belt, but so far, it seems to be pretty fair both ways. The first few weeks it was open, there seemed to be a montage of home runs, but now that the St. Louis' humidity has settled in, the cork has been put on that.
crzblue

PostPosted: Mon 7/10/06 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when will Jeff Weaver start? Do we get to see him in St Louis?

Our rookie Billingsley will make his start on Thursday. I believe D.Lowe will follow on Friday. Henrickson probably on Saturday and Penny on Sunday...
Sandi

PostPosted: Tue 7/11/06 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crz,

I believe I heard reported that our pitching rotation will be Marquis on Thursday, then Carpenter, Suppan, & Reyes. Weaver is to start on Monday the 17th vs. the Braves. I'm so tempted to stick around on Sunday and see Reyes vs. Penny.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 7/11/06 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nobody here has really answered the question of how they feel about obtaining Weaver. Still wondering about that.

Crzblue,

Quote:
Our rookie Billingsley will make his start on Thursday.

I saw the look on his face (on TV) when he gave up that HR to Bobby's son the other night. It was like, "Aw, man..." Vin said, "Don't worry, Chad, you just joined a not-so-exclusive club of (over 450) major league pitchers who have given up home runs to this man." I can't remember the exact number, but Vin quoted that figure. As Harpo was saying about the pitch, don't throw it in his wheelhouse, and he'd better not make that mistake with Albert, either.

Poor Chad is still looking for his first major league victory. He has at least one loss and how many no-decisions?

Meanwhile, Jered continues to awe (in more ways than one). Cool

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Sandi

PostPosted: Tue 7/11/06 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much of an opinion about Weaver yet.... I can tell you I wasn't overly excited when I first heard he was our new pitcher. His numbers didn't impress me. But maybe he'll surprise me and be our next Woody Williams.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 7/11/06 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you have to look at his numbers in context. If you're looking at his NL numbers, they're better for obvious reasons. And you also have to look at his numbers in pitchers' parks such as OLOCR, where he did fairly well, which is why I asked about Busch's dimensions and the experience there so far.

If you put him out there in a hitters' ballpark, I wouldn't expect too much from him, but then again, you never know. The guy has amazing stuff when he's on, but he has been known to unravel at the first sign of things starting to go wrong. But like Crzblue said, he has been an innings eater, and that's a good thing if it still holds true.

I'd say you'd get a mixed reaction from Dodger fans about his two years with us, and for very good reason. He was never consistently good, but you knew he had good stuff.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
IlliniAmy

PostPosted: Tue 7/11/06 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
The guy has amazing stuff when he's on, but he has been known to unravel at the first sign of things starting to go wrong.

Oh, great, I think we already have a couple like that (Mulder, Marquis).

dodgerblue6 wrote:
But like Crzblue said, he has been an innings eater, and that's a good thing if it still holds true.

That will be appreciated. That is something to which Duncan and LaRussa pay attention.

dodgerblue6 wrote:
I'd say you'd get a mixed reaction from Dodger fans about his two years with us, and for very good reason. He was never consistently good, but you knew he had good stuff.

Sounds like Cardinal fans and their opinions of Matt Morris.
IlliniAmy

PostPosted: Sun 7/16/06 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Bumping this one up to ask the Cardinals fans here for their reaction. Is the new Busch more of a pitchers' park or a hitters' park?

Some stats are showing it's a pitcher's park:

ESPN Park Factor listing

Cardinal pitching staff:

Home ERA 3.68
Away ERA 5.57

Cardinal offense:

220 Runs in 44 Home Games with a .767 OPS
223 Runs in 44 Away Games with a .780 OPS
furcalchick

PostPosted: Mon 7/17/06 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first start, he stunk it up. 6er in just four innings pitched. braves are up 13-2, and most likely, weaver will lose.

weaver just doesn't have it this year. stunk all season.
crzblue

PostPosted: Tue 7/18/06 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refused to think that Jeff Weaver will stink the rest of the year (feel the same way about Odalis) Maybe Jeff needs a shrink and someone to build his confidence. With Weaver you need to go to the mound right away to try to settle him down when things start falling apart.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 7/23/06 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff has more often than not pitched well at OLOCR, which we saw last night (unfortunately for us, Crz). Sad

Meanwhile, apologies in advance, but I have to rave about Jered. Smile

(Note to others here, Crz has some very strong anti-Angels feelings...)

But the amazing little Weaver has done it again. And what a twist when you factor in who his manager is.

Quote:
He has won his first seven major league starts, becoming the first pitcher to do that since Fernando Valenzuela won his initial eight starts in 1981 for the Dodgers.

Catching Valenzuela in 1981 was one Mike Scioscia, the Angels manager.

"I think some situations are similar," Scioscia said. "Fernando started the season. He didn't come up midway through [like Weaver]. A lot of the dynamics are similar. There's a big veteran influence on this team that has high expectations and there are a lot of kids trying to break their way into the lineup, as there was in 1981.

"Fernando was a big part of our rotation even though he hadn't started a Major League game. We knew the talent he had. The expectations were to win. Fernando kept going out pitching his game and had success. I think Jered is doing the same thing. On the field and in the clubhouse what the expectations were for that club (in 1981), I think a lot of things are similar."

Weaver, who has a 1.15 ERA, is not getting caught up with his history-making journey to begin his career.

"I'm not worried about any records," said Weaver, who was born one year after Valenzuela's 1981 start. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, here's where it ends for me. In this, the 25th anniversary of Fernandomania, I don't want to see that feat duplicated. I want it forever to be a part of my youth and to remain intact as a major league record. I do like Jered, and I have for a long time, but his amazing run has to end, right?
Twisted Evil

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 7/28/06 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The center of attention gets another shot on Saturday in Fenway Park. (I love the laid-back analogies in this article, by the way.) Smile

Sorry, J. This is where I hope it ends.
Mad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 11/24/06 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"We've been through so much this year. You can't script it any better than this...Everybody was asking what it's going to be like at the dinner table at Thanksgiving. I think he's got all the bragging rights."

I didn't post this at the time, but I think it's certainly appropriate now given those sentiments.

Really nice article about the brothers from Simi.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgersramsguy

PostPosted: Sat 11/25/06 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: "Brothers with arms" Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
According to today's L.A. Times:

If Jered Weaver, the Angels' first-round draft pick in 2004, can earn promotion to the majors this season, he and his brother Jeff, signed by the club Wednesday, could become the 22nd set of pitching brother teammates in history. The nine sets of teammates since 1950:

•  Alex and Walt Kellner, 1952-53 Philadelphia Athletics.
•  Lindy and Von McDaniel, 1957-58 St. Louis Cardinals.
•  Dave and Dennis Bennett, 1964 Philadelphia Phillies.
•  Joe and Phil Niekro, 1973-74 Atlanta Braves, 1985 New York Yankees.
•  Gaylord and Jim Perry, 1974-75 Cleveland Indians.
•  Paul and Rick Reuschel, 1975-78 Chicago Cubs.
•  Mickey and Rick Mahler, 1979 Atlanta Braves.
•  Pedro and Ramon Martinez, 1992-93 Dodgers, 1999-2000 Boston Red Sox.
•  Andy and Alan Benes, 1996-97 St. Louis Cardinals

Interesting to note that two sets of brothers were reunited with another team after already playing together for one. That, of course, includes the Martinezes.

With the Red Sox finally winning it all in 2004, both brothers have world championship rings.

Linda,I believe the 'Dean' brothers pitched for the Cardinals way back when,Dizzy and Dazzy...Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think I am...
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 11/25/06 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes (actually they were Dizzy and Daffy), but that was in the 1930s, long before the list which says since 1950.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgersramsguy

PostPosted: Tue 11/28/06 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Yes (actually they were Dizzy and Daffy), but that was in the 1930s, long before the list which says since 1950.

Umm,guess I shoulda caught that on my own.It DOES say 'since 1950.'
BTW,do you have one of the Dean brothers mixed up with"Daffy Duck?" Laughing
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 11/28/06 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says here the sportswriters were the ones who dubbed Paul "Daffy", but I doubt it had anything to do with Daffy Duck. Not sure who predates who in that sense, or if the writers had the duck in mind when they began to call him that.

Question Question

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgersramsguy

PostPosted: Tue 11/28/06 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
It says here the sportswriters were the ones who dubbed Paul "Daffy", but I doubt it had anything to do with Daffy Duck. Not sure who predates who in that sense, or if the writers had the duck in mind when they began to call him that.

Question Question

I was just kidding you know and I shoulda known you would be armed and dangerous when it came to baseball knowledge... Laughing
Maybe the 'Dazzy' I was thinking of was Dazzy Vance...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: