Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baseball clothing and accessories
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crzblue

PostPosted: Sun 12/23/07 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandi wrote:
Dang... thought I was going to see a glimpse of Emma's home and her holiday dining room table decor.

Cool placemats... I'll just have to imagine them on your table. Very Happy

haha. Trust me, you do not want to see the table right now i have the Sunday newspaper and then the payroll manager called me so I have the work laptop on the table. We are working tomorrow (even though is a Holiday). So, I am closing the work laptop now.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 12/23/07 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We are working tomorrow (even though is a Holiday).

Hey, not for everyone! We are working a half day. Even my sister's library is open until 5:30 tomorrow and she's working a full day.

Quote:
I bought myself a pair of boxers. I also bought an ornament and don't laugh Linda, flip flops.

LOL Jan, I am busting up. Are they Cardinals boxers?
Very Happy
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
stlred

PostPosted: Tue 12/25/07 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well of course they are Cardinal boxers to go along with my Cardinal flip flops. I wear them for pjs.lol
stlred

PostPosted: Tue 12/25/07 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a bummer you guys had to work. Hope you had a great holiday.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 2/15/08 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For several years we've been talking about having a forum T-shirt designed. At one point in 2006 Goofy"M"s fan had mentioned being interested in helping with this. Perhaps her schedule has prohibited her from doing so. Goofy, if you have any suggestions please post them very soon.

But in any case, one of Crzblue's train friends has been kind enough to create a logo for our site. It looks like this.

What do you all think? I really like it. Unless I receive any more input here, I'm going to proceed with looking into placing it on apparel for us. Anyone interested?
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Fri 2/15/08 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
IlliniAmy

PostPosted: Fri 2/15/08 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda,

I'm all for it.

Amy
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 2/15/08 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Amy,

Nothing like an immediate response! Smile

Thanks.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 2/15/08 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe we should add the words "warrior spirit", LOL. But no, we wouldn't want to sound like that team.
Evil or Very Mad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Sandi

PostPosted: Fri 2/15/08 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really sharp design. Nice job, Crz's train friend!
stlred

PostPosted: Fri 2/15/08 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey crz it pays to make friends on your commute to work.
Sandi

PostPosted: Fri 2/15/08 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think it'd be cool to tie in Triple Crown Pub somewhere on any DFW apparel that might come to be. For partial sponsorship, of course. lol! Maybe just something like Home Office (or Field) - Triple Crown Pub, San Diego. Members who wanted to show love for their team of choice could add an extra line that states something about satelite office - L.A., St. Louis, Atlanta, Chicago, etc. I know the wording isn't right, but you get the idea.

Edited to add: Instead of city names, maybe stadium names. Would that be allowed under copyright infringement issues? I understand team logos can't be used without an extra fee, but maybe stadium names. I realized the problem after I posted about L.A. and Chicago and some other cities having two teams. (I know you all don't count the Angels as a second team in L.A., but their new name says otherwise.)
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 3/26/08 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue of pink is again a topic!

Note to Wyo4rox: I'm sorry our search function is so ineffective. I moved the posts from your thread over here where the topic of pink baseball apparel has long been discussed. Smile You will find a few opinions about it in this thread.

wyo4rox posted:

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:47 am Post subject: Pink Hats

I searched to see if this topic had been addressed here before, but my search did not return anything definitive so I just thought I'd throw the subject out.

I have noticed some posters and bloggers are now referring to women who wear the team hat in a pink versin as a "pink hat" or "pink hatter". Sometimes they imply that these are just women who know nothing about the game and are just there to take up space next to their sports fan boyfriend/husband. Just search "pink hat" to get a taste of the discussions going on... here's one from a gal who's a Boston fan:

http://basegirl.blogspot.com/2004/12/cease-and-desist-pink-hats-have-got-to.html

What do you think?

I get that some purists would think it sacreligious to put on a hat that is not the "franchise" hat, but on the other hand - it's ridiculous to judge someone's baseball knowledge and dedication just because they chose to wear a different colored hat?

GoofyMsFan posted:

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:39 am

I'm not fond of anything that is not in team colors. That being said, I love my red M's coat that I have. What can I say, I look good in red. As for pink caps, many ladies who do wear them don't know much about the game, but there are also many that know more about the game and what is going on then the guys. I don't have a problem with people wearing what they want.

I'd really like to see the Team caps with a little pink ribbon on the side of them for mother's day.

DianaPrince posted:

Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:10 am

I have a pink Phillies hat, a white and pink Phillies jersey, a hot pink Phillies jersey, and even pink Phillies socks. My sister has a pink Bell jersey, a pink Burrell teeshirt, and pink Phanatic socks. And I bought each piece for her. I love the Phillies and I love pink as does my sister. For us it was the perfect marriage of two of our favorite things and I certainly don't see it as a reflection of my baseball knowledge.

I almost got a pink Indians cap but the ones they had in Cleveland didn't fit well. It felt too small for me.

I first started seeing pink Yankees jackets and stuff in my area and I was annoyed because the Phillies didn't have anything like that. I wanted it too! lol! I was so happy when the Phillies finally followed suit and started carrying pink stuff.

I, personally, don't see an issue with it and I'm still as much of a baseball fan as the next person no matter what color my MLB gear is.

I also think that the writer of that blog is thinking about it a bit too much. I dislike "bleacher bimbos" but as long as they're dressed I don't care what they wear. I don't let them bother me. I'm there because I love the game and I enjoy it. Whatever their reasons are their reasons.

crzblue posted:

Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:58 am

I foget where was it that we were having the pink discussion but it was a while back. I know some felt strongly against pink (DB (Linda) one of them).

The first Women's baseball clinic we had at Dodger Stadium, we were given pink hats. I had mine signed by some of the original members of the omen's professional baseball team who inspired the movie "A League of Their Own". I used to wear it among my many hats I wear, but then I decided it that I should save it. I love Dodger Blue, but every once in a while I like wearing a little pink. Sometimes I put a pink top underneath my jerseys. I have 2 white jerseys and one blue. One of my cousins gave me her Dodger white jersey top with pink letters because it did not fit her. I wear it every once in a while.

Sandi posted:

Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:12 pm

I say support your team however you see fit. Don't judge others because their ideas may not conform to your own. But it's everyone's right to also express their opinion (or dislike), respectfully, of course. To each their own.

chisoxgal posted:

Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:18 pm

Personally, I prefer the regular caps. But if you like the pink caps go ahead and wear one. I think the writer is being too sensative.

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Wed 3/26/08 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 3/26/08 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify my position, I don't really like the pink team apparel. (Although I do like pink.) I avoid buying it. Stlred is also very opinionated about this topic (scroll up to read comments).

However, that in no way indicates that I think women who do like pink gear have less baseball knowledge! I have noticed that it appeals to the bunnies... but it doesn't stop there.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
stlred

PostPosted: Wed 3/26/08 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am very opionated about pink or any other color not associated with the Cardinal team. Let me explain myself. The Cardinal fans have always been noted as being a sea of red which is always mentioned on national broadcast. When you see that sea everyone can see even from the tv how loyal we are. Now that being said to each his or her own. I have to say that when I see other colors at the stadium they usually at least have the Cardinal logo on it. I am also not saying if you are not wearing you know nothing about baseball. I do though get irritated at the fan sitting there doing her nails and getting up a thousand times during the game causing me not to see plays going on. The color thing does not just apply to women either. I would never be rude to anyone either unless they were keeping me from enjoying what I paid to see. I also feel like this is like beating a dead horse. We all have our opinions and in this case we are all right. Wear what you want to wear. Linda will happy that once in awhile I will wear Dave's blue Cardinal jersey from the 1982 WS. See I can even venture away from red now and then.lol
Sandi

PostPosted: Wed 3/26/08 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the powder blue Cardinals unis from the 80's. I think it's really supposed to be called Championship Blue, or something like that. It was discussed at the Winter Warm Up a couple years ago.
GoofyMsFan

PostPosted: Wed 3/26/08 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
For several years we've been talking about having a forum T-shirt designed. At one point in 2006 Goofy"M"s fan had mentioned being interested in helping with this. Perhaps her schedule has prohibited her from doing so. Goofy, if you have any suggestions please post them very soon.

But in any case, one of Crzblue's train friends has been kind enough to create a logo for our site. It looks like this.

What do you all think? I really like it. Unless I receive any more input here, I'm going to proceed with looking into placing it on apparel for us. Anyone interested?

Zazzle.com has all kinds of shirts and things available.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 3/26/08 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I wrote that quite awhile back. I meant, if you had any input as far as your own design, which you were discussing a couple of years ago when you first suggested the forum Tshirt. I've pretty much taken this design and investigated on my own, since I didn't hear anything back. Crzblue had sent me some sites to check into.

But I didn't want to be so presumptuous since it was your idea in the first place.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
GoofyMsFan

PostPosted: Wed 3/26/08 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Ah, I wrote that quite awhile back. I meant, if you had any input as far as your own design, which you were discussing a couple of years ago when you first suggested the forum Tshirt. I've pretty much taken this design and investigated on my own, since I didn't hear anything back. Crzblue had sent me some sites to check into.

But I didn't want to be so presumptuous since it was your idea in the first place.

That's a great design, My idea was putting the baseball diamond on top of a diamond ring but I could never quite find the right pictures for it.
chocmalt

PostPosted: Wed 3/26/08 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda wrote:"I have noticed some posters and bloggers are now referring to women who wear the team hat in a pink versin as a "pink hat" or "pink hatter". Sometimes they imply that these are just women who know nothing about the game and are just there to take up space next to their sports fan boyfriend/husband. Just search "pink hat" to get a taste of the discussions going on... here's one from a gal who's a Boston fan:
http://basegirl.blogspot.com/2004/12/cease-and-desist-pink-hats-have-got-to.html
What do you think? "

ROFLMAO! Okay, this guy is a diehard traditionalist! I have pink Dodgers stuff, and even forgot to mention to Linda I just bought a new sparkly PINK Dodger cap! I am dedicated to this team, and am not a bleacher bimbo. Personally, I hate the bleachers, but that's just me.

It's not a color conflict with another team, and I guess that's what matters to me most of all. I have LOTS of Blue, true Blue Dodger stuff. I LOVE the handmade headband I bought from some seller on ebay, and it's made from now discontinued MLB fabric.

Whatever says Dodgers on it is good for me! Although I do like the "sea of team color fan concept".

And BTW, I hope the earthquake that just happened in Orange County didn't shake anyone too badly. Like an Angels fan or stadium?

Now I have to figure out just how this quote feature works...I need a Messageboard for Dummies book and fast!
IlliniAmy

PostPosted: Thu 3/27/08 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of pink...but especially for the Cardinals or the Reds or the Angels, etc. Pink is simply faded red. Why not wear the true thing?

Last edited by IlliniAmy on Sat 3/29/08 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
wyo4rox

PostPosted: Sat 3/29/08 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your opinions on the pink gear!

I have a pink Rockies hat that I bought at the game where they swept the Phillies. I really like it.... and I'm probably not going to stop wearing it.
IlliniAmy

PostPosted: Sat 3/29/08 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyo4rox wrote:
Thanks for your opinions on the pink gear!

I have a pink Rockies hat that I bought at the game where they swept the Phillies. I really like it.... and I'm probably not going to stop wearing it.

You go girl!

I wouldn't expect you to change for us fuddy-duddies.
stlred

PostPosted: Sat 3/29/08 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey as long as your pink hat helps I would keep wearing it!
crzblue

PostPosted: Wed 4/2/08 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLancing at the Dodger media guide for all the pictures that made it there I found a familiar face that Linda and I know. Natalie is a Dodger fan that lives in Chicago made it there. She attended the Women's baseball clinic last year. Well, there she is with Jeff Kent and looking very nice with her L.A. Blue hat and her hot pick top. Very nice contrast with Jeff's blue jersey.

She also made the trip to go to Friday's game, the Coliseum and Opening Day.
GoofyMsFan

PostPosted: Thu 9/11/08 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:

What ever came of this?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 9/11/08 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing yet! We made our trip to Vero Beach, and then the season started, all after I posted the logo, and it has been busy, busy, busy non-stop with all the traveling I've done this season and working in between to make up for lost time while traveling.

It'll be an off-season project, I think. That's when I usually get caught up on stuff. Unless someone else wants to take the lead on this one.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
GoofyMsFan

PostPosted: Fri 9/12/08 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Nothing yet! We made our trip to Vero Beach, and then the season started, all after I posted the logo, and it has been busy, busy, busy non-stop with all the traveling I've done this season and working in between to make up for lost time while traveling.

It'll be an off-season project, I think. That's when I usually get caught up on stuff. Unless someone else wants to take the lead on this one.

If you send me the file, I can get it up and going this weekend and people could start ordering their shirts when they wanted. since I don't have the full file I can't get a large image for the back. I could make a couple of variations pretty easily depending on if people prefer the large design on the front of the shirt or the back of the shirt.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 9/12/08 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure when I will be back on my home computer where the file is, as I'll be gone for a few days. I also wanted to review the information Crzblue sent me about getting them made for free. Will get back to you on this as soon as I can.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
GoofyMsFan

PostPosted: Fri 11/14/08 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bumping this back up to the top now that it is the off season, I was wondering what came of the shirts?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 11/14/08 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess you were reading my mind, because just last night I was trying to find the info on Tshirts that Crzblue sent me. I'll still look for it, but meanwhile I'll send you the image file.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: