Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

At-Bat Music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IlliniAmy

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 12:41 pm    Post subject: At-Bat Music Reply with quote

Wikipedia has an (albeit incomplete) list of song choices for various major leaguers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_baseball_entrance_music
stlred

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My song for every year is "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey who is also my favorite group.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only incomplete, but incorrect in many cases. Confused (But I doubt anyone would take responsibility for updating it...)

Just my own personal experience, but I've found that since some teams list their own players' music on the official team website, it is usually more reliable in terms of listing more players, and also in terms of accuracy (since players sometimes change their theme songs). I'm not sure why all teams don't do it, since they all fall under the purview of MLB.com. (The Dodgers' list is here, if anyone cares.)

By the way, I wonder if Juan Pierre is the only guy in the majors to actually have his name called out in the song he walks up to?
Very Happy
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
stlred

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to look it up right now on the Cards websit because I noticed a few missing. I can't remember which player but someone has a song I really like. To bad I have a bad memory or in some cases maybe that is good(lol)
Francine

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlred wrote:
My song for every year is "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey who is also my favorite group.

No way..........years ago when Journey was really popular, back in the mid 70's, one of our customers used to come in with a denim Journey jacket, turns out this old buck's son was their costume designer. He had all kinds of photos he'd bring us to see.
stlred

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to date myself Francine but I used to be a serious Journey groupie. I used to wait outside the arena for them and then I would follow them to Chicago. How sad is that(lol)
Francine

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Journey Bunny Wink
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Steve Perry used to go to some Dodger games, although, being from the Bay Area, Journey is said to be Jints fans. So I'm not sure what to think.
Confused But I know he was at Hollywood Stars night. Smile
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Sat 7/27/13 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
stlred

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should have been there for my Hollywood Stars Night. I guess he is too old too(lol) I would not have ducked for his fly balls. Don't laugh too hard Linda.
Sandi

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Rolen has (or at least had) a great song for himself. Limp Bizkit's Rollin' Love that song... always have.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't laugh too hard Linda.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

-Baseball Hall of Fame
GoofyMsFan

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Not only incomplete, but incorrect in many cases. Confused (But I doubt anyone would take responsibility for updating it...)

Just my own personal experience, but I've found that since some teams list their own players' music on the official team website, it is usually more reliable in terms of listing more players, and also in terms of accuracy (since players sometimes change their theme songs). I'm not sure why all teams don't do it, since they all fall under the purview of MLB.com. (The Dodgers' list is here, if anyone cares.)

By the way, I wonder if Juan Pierre is the only guy in the majors to actually have his name called out in the song he walks up to?
Very Happy

Nope, Occasionally, Ichiro comes up to bat while they are playing the song Ichiro by Xola. His name is mentioned several times through the song.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly, I do not know that song. But thanks for the info, I'll look it up. Smile

Edit: Well, I guess I initially did not see that listed because I looked him up under "S", instead. Now, I see he is on that Wikipedia site, after all.
Confused

-Baseball Hall of Fame
la_periodista

PostPosted: Wed 8/8/07 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:

Very Happy

Thanks for posting that link, L. I've been trying to remember who had Baba O'Riley, and now I know it was Brad Penny.

And I had to chuckle when I saw "I Can't Drive 55" for Russell Martin. It reminded me that I read somewhere that Will Ferrell nicknamed him "Speed Limit." Smile
Francine

PostPosted: Thu 8/9/07 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the begining of this season a few die hard Johnny Damon fans got together and burned a cd of a song they thought would fit Johnny at the bat. They sent it to him and low and behold he uses it when he bats.......I honestly can't remember the name, I have to go email my friend and ask. This fan is a lucky one, Johnny emails her on regualr basis. She is no groupie, she is just a fan who has emailed him because of a very deep emotional issue in her life and he has been very sweet, caring and supportive of her. I admire that in Johnny, he really cares for this fan's emotional well being.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 8/9/07 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New proposed music at Angel Stadium as the team takes the field:

"Rat in the Kitchen", UB40

-Baseball Hall of Fame
crzblue

PostPosted: Sun 2/3/08 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
At the begining of this season a few die hard Johnny Damon fans got together and burned a cd of a song they thought would fit Johnny at the bat. They sent it to him and low and behold he uses it when he bats.......I honestly can't remember the name, I have to go email my friend and ask. This fan is a lucky one, Johnny emails her on regualr basis. She is no groupie, she is just a fan who has emailed him because of a very deep emotional issue in her life and he has been very sweet, caring and supportive of her. I admire that in Johnny, he really cares for this fan's emotional well being.

Re-reading this thread, this is a good idea for Takashi Saito. Linda: you are the music expert, how about burnin a cd of songs you think are appropriate for his entrance into a game? You and I many others don't think that the song he plays is the right song for him. He said that for this year he is going to change it. Perhaps he has something in mind, but still, I think is a good idea.
chisoxgal

PostPosted: Sun 2/3/08 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlred wrote:

Mine too. It caught on here in 2005. The lyrics have nothing to do with baseball tho. Cool
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 2/3/08 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crz, I'd say it's got to be something more truly Japanese sounding--not southern rock-based.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 7/27/13 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five years since anyone has posted in this thread, so it's time for a new round, with new players having come into the game.

Just read this article on MLB.com about walk-up music.

Let me reiterate, I'm old school, I don't think walk-up songs are necessary as part of the ballpark experience. But everything is personalized these days, and about 15 years after their debut in some ballparks, they seem to be here to stay. I still love the first walk-up song--for any player--that I can recall hearing, when this trend was new and most players did NOT have walk-up music. In this case, I think only the superstars did...but this particular one was so appropriate in its opening riff, and set the tone so well.

I'm thinking back to Qualcomm Stadium in 1998, when, en route to a Padres National League championship, third baseman Ken Caminiti led the way. As he stepped out of the on-deck circle, the opening notes of "All Along the Watchtower" played to the cheers of a packed house. I'm not even a Padre fan, but wow!!! I remember the excitement building as Jimi Hendrix weaved his magic and Cammie would follow.

But most of the songs players use...I really don't care for. I love AGon's "Mariachi Loco" and I want to hear it played in the World Series! (Yes, I've set my sights--and sounds--high!)

In the end, though, I'd rather hear Nancy Bea. And I'm not stuck in the '70s, which is when I grew up. It's just that I love baseball traditions in most circumstances.

Now, if I were to have my own walk-up music, what would it be? Good question.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 7/28/13 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I remember the excitement building as Jimi Hendrix weaved his magic and Cammie would follow.

Ooooh. You just gave me chills as I thought back on that. We need an emoticon for chills.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 3/18/14 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this was funny - Angels closer Ernesto Frieri (former Padre) is looking for the right entrance song. He is asking the fans for suggestions.

Article from mlb.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: